Rebecca J. Hogue

A short course on mLearning Design (#edumooc)

Pin It

Over the last couple of months, I've been working with a group of classmates on a short course on mobile learning design, titled "Mobile Learning Design for Training Professionals." The course is intended to be viewed on a mobile device, such that you are both learning about mobile device content development and experiencing mobile learning as a student.

So, if you are interested in Mobile Learning Design, I encourage you to check out our short course at http://ml.goingeast.ca.

I'd also like to ask anyone that checks it out, to please take a few minutes and complete the course evaluation survey. Your feedback will really help us with future projects.

Those links again are: The course: ml.goingeast.ca and The evaluation form

Thanks

12 comments for “A short course on mLearning Design (#edumooc)

1. August 3, 2011 at 2:22 am

What did you use to create the course?

• Rebecca - @rjhogue
      August 3, 2011 at 11:14 am

The course was created using WordPress and jQueryMobile. Sometime in the next few months, I’ll write up a post on exactly how I did it.

2. Rebekah Brown
    July 26, 2011 at 3:30 am

Hi Rebecca,
    I just tried the examples in Firefox and it did let me go back so it was definitely a Chrome issue for me.
    I'm really glad I decided to have a look at your course because it's allowed me to discover your blog. I've been reading some other posts with great interest and have added it to my RSS so I don't miss anything.
    Cheers,
    Rebekah

3. Rebekah Brown
    July 26, 2011 at 12:35 am

I've finished it now but the second page is really confusing.

I'm using Chrome which explains why I couldn't see the buttons.

4. Rebekah Brown
    July 26, 2011 at 12:06 am

I attempted to fill in the evaluation form but the only question I could see was about initial impressions. The rest just had a scale but no question. If you can enable me to see the survey properly I'm happy to finish it.
    Overall I found the course very interesting (I'm just getting started in instructional design/eLearning/mLearning so it is very relevant to me) and easy to use  but had one issue – when I clicked on the examples using the mobile-size window (I used that on my desktop screen) I couldn't navigate back to the course from the external sites. I might be missing how to do it but if I'm searching others might be as well.

• Rebecca - @rjhogue
      July 26, 2011 at 12:21 am

Hi Rebekah,
      Thanks for the feedback. For the second page of the evaluation (the template is not clear) the question is actually in the scale itself. For example the first question asks you to rate your impression between Terrible (1) and Wonderful (5). We would greatly appreciate it if you were able to complete the survey.
      You should be able to go “back” by right-clicking on the banner of the web-site and selecting “back”. On some browsers (Firefox, Safari) the re-sized window includes navigation buttons – unfortunately, Chrome appears not to ;(.
      We hope to have another version of the course (new and improved) in a couple of months.
      Cheers,